14 July 2013

Prague I

I have been gone almost a week now, and I have loads of photos to show already. First, Prague, then Slovenia and then Italy. We left Monday before the night had surrendered to daylight, and we arrived in Prague as the shadows grew long and the light was golden. We had a pitstop in the old concentration camp Theresienstadt; horrors. I had seen 'Schindler's List' a week before, and the terrors of the movie continued and became palpable as we walked on ground that had seen so many nightmares... So we were a little quiet as we drove into Prague, but the beauty soon made way for a lighter mood.
 Prague is really beautiful; the majestic buildings reminded me quite a lot of Budapest, and I enjoyed walking around admiring the architecture...
 The youngest and me.
 Why they decided to cover the church in other buildings is a wonder...
 A touristic moment...
 Lots of the old buildings were heavily ornamented - like the building in the middle, sadly a little dark...

No comments: